Whether you are a bride, a talented photographer or an event designer, we would love to hear from you! We receive hundreds of submissions for Pacific Weddings and Love Notes, so here are a few suggestions for getting published. What makes a submission stand out? We love a good story, gorgeous images and lots of detail shots. You can submit your wedding below. You can also email us: Halii Iaea at email@example.com or Robyn Iaea at firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep in mind:
- we do not accept previously published weddings (this includes wedding blogs and printed matter)
- send us 30-50 low-res photos of a single wedding or a link to the images online
(preferred method is via Yousendit.com or Dropbox.com)
- an excellent description (we choose based on the photos and the story,
so share your vision and inspiration as well as how you met)
- credits for all wedding talent
- detail shots (the more the better!)
- images a minimum of 600 pixels wide
- specify if you are interested in being featured on the blog or only in Pacific Weddings magazine
The not-so-fine print
Things you need to know before you submit: please resist the temptation to blog about your wedding or share the photos ahead of time with other blogs and bridal magazines. Once we break the story, we don’t mind if you share the images. (It’s a journalism thing!)
Email our art director, Halii Iaea, at email@example.com or our editorial director, Robyn, at firstname.lastname@example.org You can simply email your names, wedding date and location, a good description and a link to your photos. If they are not posted online, you can send us a selection of low resolution images and—viola—the submission is under way.
Give us your autograph
If your wedding is selected for publication (either online or in the magazine), you will be asked to complete a formal submission form which requires the signatures of the couple as well as a photographer’s release.
An editor will then call you to get a personal account of your story so you can share the finer (juicy) details of your courtship and wedding day firsthand.
- Keep on submitting! If you are a photographer who has submitted before, don’t be discouraged. We have more opportunities than ever to share your work via our blog, website and magazine. Besides, we love to support our fellow colleagues whenever we can, so send us all your best weddings, not just one. Also keep in mind, we give preference to our sponsors out of fairness.
Photos above by Sephen Ludwig (left) and Brandon Kidd (right) as featured in Pacific Weddings Summer Fall ’11, The Fashion Issue