We sat down with Laura Holt, a professional aesthetician at Wailea Heath and Wellness Center to get her top ten tips for flawless skin on your wedding day. Here’s what Laura has to say:
1. If you don’t already have one, start a daily cleansing and moisturizing routine with the Clarisonic Mia.
2. Set up a consultation with an aesthetician 8-12 weeks prior to your wedding date to establish a facial regime with professional products tailored to your skin type.
3. Dirt and oils contribute to blemishes and other skin problems. Laundering your pillowcases 1-2 times each week will lessen the amount of oils on the skin.
4. Eat healthy and stay away from major sugar and salty foods as these not only cause breakouts but may also increase cellulite and swelling. Eat no less than 3 servings of veggies and fruits a day.
5. Apply sunscreen daily and avoid major sun exposure two weeks prior to your wedding date.
6. Apply moisturizer while your skin is still damp—you’ll seal in the moisture.
7. Drink and apply green tea. Studies have shown that green tea extract is rich in antioxidants. It may also slow signs of aging and speed up your metabolism!
8. Stay hydrated! Nothing clears blemishes and oily skin like eight to ten glasses of water every day.
9. Get your beauty sleep. Not getting enough shut-eye will make your skin dull, so get into a healthy routine at least one month before the wedding. Exercise and meditation will naturally promote a deep sleep and the fringe benefits are a toned body.
10. For longer, fuller eye lashes start Latisse 5-8 weeks before your wedding.
Products we love: 1. Stash Chai Green Tea 2. Clarisonic Mia2 3. Perricone MD Vitamin C Ester Serum 4. Latisse 5. New Balance Minimus 6. Manduka eKo Yoga Mat